School of Pharmacy and UW Resources

PharmD Handbook Avatar

The UW NetID

Students attending the University of Washington need a UW NetID to access computing resources at the University. These resources include a UW supported email account and access to your personal records. Students may create a UW NetID online, which requires a student’s UW student number and Private Access Code (PAC, printed on the Enrollment Confirmation Form). Students will create a password to be used with the NetID, and must not share this password with anyone. The NetID and password allow access not only to a student’s individual information, but allows access to various restricted websites such as individual course pages, School information, Catalyst online surveys, detailed sections of the UW Time Schedule, and more.

The UW NetID allows access to the MyUW portal. For more information and usage guidelines, visit the IT Connect page, About MyUW. Students are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the MyUW portal early in the program, as it is a valuable and convenient resource which includes secure access to personal student information, as well as useful links to UW resources and systems. Students can check their grades, access the registration system, view course schedule and financial information, pay tuition, make address changes, and more. Students returning to the University after an absence may use their former UW NetID to access these services. Click here to open the MyUW portal.

UW Email

Your UW email address is composed of your UW NetID and the domain “” This email address will be used by School of Pharmacy and University officials to provide you with important information. You are expected to check your UW email account daily during the academic year. For technical support, visit the UW IT Connect UW Email page. Please note: UW Medicine policy forbids you to forward your UW email to any other email address; if you work at one of the UW hospitals, or if you are placed there during an experiential course, you must turn email forwarding off.

Class Email Lists

We maintain moderated email listservs for each class of matriculated PharmD students. These lists are only used for email sent by the Office of Professional Pharmacy Education (OPPE). Students wishing to send email to groups of their classmates may contact their student representatives, who manage student-run email lists.

Email notifications from Student Services will generally come from We only send messages that we consider important (and they often require your response), so please read all messages from us carefully.

Name Changes (and other updates)

Students are responsible for updating their directory information (e.g., name, e-mail address, current address, telephone, emergency contacts, and authorization to release information). They are encouraged to take the steps below:

  • Update the information with the Office of the Registrar at MyUW or by phone at (206) 543-3868
  • Send the updated information to Student Services at
  • Optional: contact current or upcoming instructors to alert them to the change and ensure they use the most up-to-date directory information in their class rosters

Student Directory Information

Student Services does not manage a student directory, but email and telephone numbers are available through the UW Directory website, provided the student authorizes release of directory information to the public. Please note that at this time, the Faculty and Staff search feature in the directory is open to the public, but the “search students” feature requires UW NetID login to view.

Please visit this page for more information: About the Student Directory. Students are responsible for setting their own directory information to either restrict or allow release.

Health Sciences Access Card

Health Sciences Building Management: T283, 206-685-0143,

Incoming PharmD students are issued a Health Sciences Access Card through the School of Pharmacy and the Health Sciences Building Management Office. Incoming students are charged a fee for this HS Access card (currently $15.00 in 2017, for all four years combined) on their Autumn Quarter tuition and fees account, and will receive the card from Student Services. Students are responsible for any subsequent replacement cards if needed.

Building regulations require that students possess a building Access Card if they wish to enter the Health Sciences Building or South Campus Center outside the normal building hours (such as early mornings, evenings and weekends). This Access Card can also allow access to the Health Sciences Library. Entry is through designated doors only. For after-hours access, students must also carry their UW Husky Card (or other approved photo identification from an affiliated institution). UW Police will not allow anyone to remain in the buildings after hours without this identification. Please contact Student Services with questions:

South Campus Center

South Campus Center, located south of the Magnuson Health Sciences Building, offers study rooms, meeting rooms, classrooms, event spaces, and a UW Postal Service mailbox, as well as the offices of the Experiential Education team and the PharmD Student Lounge.

Registered student organizations may reserve rooms in South Campus Center and the Health Sciences Building. Reservations are made via the Health Sciences Room Reservations roomQ website. Early reservation is strongly encouraged. For more information on room reservation policies and potential costs, go to the Health Sciences Room Reservations website. You may also visit their office in T291, Health Sciences Building. Visit the room matrix for detailed information about individual rooms and study spaces, including photos, capacity, technology and other equipment.

In order to use South Campus Center after regular building hours, you must have a Health Sciences Building Access Card.

PharmD Student Lounge

The PharmD Student Lounge is located in Room 239 in South Campus Center. Visit the PharmD Student Lounge page for complete information on access, amenities, printer usage, and cleaning.

University Libraries

As a student of the University of Washington, you have access to the extensive system of UW Libraries, including multiple campus libraries, interlibrary loan, online collections, study spaces, computer spaces, as well as many librarians and staff members who can help you navigate resources for research. Students of the School of Pharmacy will find many of the references needed for pharmacy classes in the Health Sciences Library or Suzzallo/Allen Libraries.

Health Sciences Library

The Health Sciences Library (HSL) is located on the second and third floors of the T-Wing (T334) in the Health Sciences Building. Students have access to extensive print and electronic resources and databases, the Pharmacist Toolkit page with a collection of field-specific resource links, as well as librarians and staff members to help navigate resources and support learning. The Health Sciences Library also includes study rooms, drop-in computer lab, printers, scanning stations and more, and tours are available. The University Book Store maintains a vending machine in the Health Sciences Library for purchase of Scantron forms for exams, and other supplies, with additional machines in the Suzzallo and Odegard Libraries on upper campus. The Odegard Writing & Research Center (OWRC) now offers writing tutor services in the Health Sciences Library as well as in Odegard.

Library hours change quarterly and during holidays and interim periods (finals week, between quarters, etc.). By special agreement between the School of Pharmacy and the Health Sciences Library, Pharmacy students who purchase a Health Sciences Access Card may use this card to enter and use the Health Sciences Library after hours. Students must abide by HSL rules for After-Hours Access.

Odegaard Writing & Research Center (OWRC)

The Odegaard Writing & Research Center (OWRC) offers several programs, including a writing center and research commons, and now offers writing center hours in the Health Sciences Library as well as in the Odegaard Library.

Student Technology Fee (STF) Equipment Loan Program

The Student Technology Fee supports the STF Equipment Loan Program, which allows students to check out a range of electronic equipment (such as PC and MAC laptops, projectors, digital and video cameras, audio equipment, calculators, tablets and more) at no additional cost. The Health Sciences (HSB) Office is located in the HSB I-Wing, Room 1-146 (in the Rotunda area). On upper campus, the Kane Hall (KNE) Office is in the basement of Kane Hall, Room 035. Email:

UW Information Technology

UW Information Technology is the central IT organization providing critical technology support to all three campuses, UW medical centers and global research operations. You will find a variety of resources through their IT Connect website, including:

  • UW NetID
  • Email System, including guidelines and rules, calendaring, UW Google Apps
  • Software and Hardware
  • Teaching and Learning Spaces and Tools, including Canvas
  • Learning Technology Workshops
  • Appropriate Use
  • Security

Contact UW Information Technology:, (206)221-5000, or use online contact form.


PharmD students entering their first professional year are assigned lockers in the Health Sciences Building. Locker assignments expire after the third professional year, as fourth-year students are on APPE rotations. Students may need to share a locker with one of their classmates. Changes in locker assignments will not be made except in cases of physical need. Students who forget their locker combination should contact UWSOP Student Services. If a locker combination is incorrect or your locker is jammed, please contact Classroom Services at (206) 543-6729 or visit their office in HSB T291A.

Tablecloth and Runner for Student Checkout

The Office of Professional Pharmacy Education has a tablecloth and School of Pharmacy runner available for student checkout and use at events and presentations. Students may submit a reservation request via the online form found here (opens in new window).  Submission of this form does not guarantee use of these items. Requests will be approved or denied by email, with priority given to Student Organizations. If you have questions about the tablecloth and runner, please contact Student Services: