Life-changing research takes many forms at the UW School of Pharmacy—basic and translational science, outcomes, policy and practice. In all realms, UWSOP leads the way. We advance research initiatives that enable innovative solutions to the evolving needs of patients and society. Read more in our Strategic Plan.
Our faculty and student researchers are developing therapies, improving care and medication safety, and studying new ways to make drug treatments more accessible, affordable and effective. UW School of Pharmacy researchers are developing solutions to the epic medical challenges of our day: a vaccination for HIV, treatments for dementia, the effect of medications on babies in the womb, and better and safer treatments for brain injuries and cancer.
- Global Medicines Program
- Obstetric-fetal Pharmacology Research Unit (OPRU)
- Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research & Policy Program (PORPP)
- Pharmacogenomics Research Network (PGRN)
- Plein Center for Geriatric Pharmacy Research, Education and Outreach
- Program on Pharmacokinetics of Drugs of Abuse during Pregnancy (UWPKDAP)
- Targeted Long-Acting Combination Antiretroviral Therapy Program (TLC-ART)
- Research Affiliate Program on Transporters (UWRAPT)