Skip to content
Department of Pharmacy

Department Info

Who Does What in the DOP?

Audio-Video, Camera, Projector, Laptop
For help reserving the following equipment, please contact:

Budget Questions (grants)
For questions about the department’s grant budgets, please contact (

Computer Problems
For computer problems or questions, please email (

Equipment Problems
For help with office equipment (copier problems, etc.), please contact Karen Sakahara (

Express Mail/ FedEx Shipping
For assistance with express mail or shipping, please see Karen Sakahara (

For questions and concerns about facilities in the Health Sciences Building, refer to the Building Management web site or contact Karen Sakahara (

You can submit a request for maintenance via the FS-WORKS web site. Use the following phone numbers for building emergencies:

  • Fire or Smoke – pull manual fire alarm
  • Flooding – report immediately to Facilities Services, 206-543-3010
  • Loud, Continuous Noise – call Building Management, 206-685-0143
  • Unusual or Violent Behavior – call UW Police at 911

Graduate Program Services
For graduate student services or Research Assistant (RA) hiring questions, please see Marina Gano (

Grant Applications and Renewals
For help with grant applications and renewals, please contact (

Grievance or Performance Concerns
For issues regarding staff or students, please contact Maya Kimura (

Curriculum Support
For help with lecture notes, exams, handouts, etc., please contact Marina Gano (

Hiring Staff
For assistance with hiring staff and staff personnel matters, please see Maya Kimura (

Hiring Faculty
For assistance with hiring faculty and faculty personnel matters, please see Maya Kimura (

Keys; Access Cards
For building/room keys or Access Cards, please contact Karen Sakahara (

Leave issues
For questions about leave (e.g. FMLA, leave without pay, etc.), please see Maya Kimura (

Lost and Found
If you find an item in the HS Building, parking lot or surrounding properties, please bring it to T-283 HSAS &F Lost & Found. If you lost something recently, contact Building Management (206) 685-0143 between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Lost and found items within the department can be brought to the attention of Karen Sakahara (

Memberships and Subscriptions
For assistance subscribing/renewing memberships, please see Karen Sakahara (

Parking permits
To obtain a parking permit, contact Parking Services. If you need same-day parking validation, please contact Karen Sakahara (

For payroll questions, please see Saveena Ahmed (

Purchasing- Office, Equipment and Lab Supplies
For help with purchasing office, equipment or lab supplies, please see Karen Sakahara (

For assistance being reimbursed for expenses/travel, please see Karen Sakahara (

Room Reservations
To reserve H371, H370, or SCC246, please contact Karen Sakahara (

Please bring questions about surplus inventory to Karen Sakahara (

For questions about timekeeping and timesheets (Workday), please see Saveena Ahmed (

For assistance with travel arrangements (flight, conference registration), please contact Saveena Ahmed (

For questions or issues with visas, please see Maya Kimura ( or Marina Gano (

Web Updates
For updates to the department website, please contact Karen Sakahara (


updated 3/33/24