Earn Your PharmD-MBA at UW
Current UW PharmD-MBA Students
June 2, 2023
Create an application profile on the UW Graduate School web site, submit the items below, and pay the $85 application fee.
- UW Graduate School application. Select “Business Administration – Bothell Business – (MBA/PharmD)”
- A current resume that includes:
- Educational background, degrees earned, schools attended and dates of attendance, after high school
- All full-time work experience since high school, with brief descriptions and dates of employment
- Relevant community and/or extracurricular collegiate activities
- Awards, honors, or other recognition (academic, community, military, etc.)
- Two required essays and a third optional essay:
- First essay – required (maximum 500 words): What are your short-term and long-term career goals? How will an MBA education assist you in achieving them, given your current educational and professional background?
- Second essay – required: Choose from one of the following three topics (maximum 500 words):
- Explain a difficult professional decision that you made and discuss, with the benefit of hindsight, whether you would decide differently in similar situations in the future.
- Describe a problem your organization faced and the solution that was proposed to address it. What was your role in the design and implementation of the solution? What was the final outcome? What did you learn from the process?
- Write about an experience or an event where you or your team went beyond what was expected of you. Describe what you learned about yourself, your team members and your organization during the process of exceeding expectations.
- Third essay – optional: Address any other issues or factors that you believe would be helpful to the MBA Admissions Committee in considering your application.
- Arrange for two Letters of Recommendation: one from a UWSOP faculty member, and one from a professional reference. Submit the names and email addresses of your recommenders on the application site, and the system will notify and provide instructions to them automatically. Recommendations must be sent to us online. Your recommenders may submit the references anytime, even before your application is complete.
- Scan in your unofficial transcript in your online application. Upon acceptance into the program you will be asked by the Graduate School to submit one official transcript sent directly from the college or university where you received your undergraduate (and Master’s, if applicable) degree.
- Pay $85 fee (payable by credit card)
International Student Applicants
Students who will need an F-1 or J-1 visa are not eligible for this program.
Scan your unofficial transcript and submit it in your online application. Upon acceptance into the program, you will be asked by the Graduate School to submit one official transcript sent directly from the college or university where you received your undergraduate (and Master’s, if applicable) degree. Applicants who earned their degree(s) from a college or university outside the United States and its territories will be asked to submit one official transcript and diploma.
About the Program
The partnership of UWSOP and the UWB creates a transformative educational opportunity for our PharmD students to earn their MBA with just one additional year of study. Students may choose a Leadership or Technology track for their MBA.
With UW Bothell’s top-ranked educational value and the world-renowned faculty at UW School of Pharmacy, this program offers a new approach to health care leadership training.
As a UW PharmD-MBA graduate, you will be prepared to meet high level health care challenges now and in the future.
Who is eligible?
Second-year (PY2) UW PharmD students with a bachelor’s degree may apply. Students must be in good academic standing, with a minimum 2.7 Professional and Cumulative GPA at the end of Winter Quarter of PharmD year two.
Where are classes held?
When does the program begin?
The program begins in mid-September with a required MBA retreat focusing on leadership, team processes, and decision-making. Regular classes begin in Autumn Quarter
The program integrates third and fourth year pharmacy courses with the business school curriculum.
|Year 3||Pharmacy and Business|
|Year 4||Pharmacy and Business|
Tuition and Fees*
2022-2023 tuition rates (listed below) are for reference only and are subject to change for 2023-2024.