We are pleased to announce the 2021-23 cohort of CHOICE MS HEOR Fellows.
The CHOICE Institute has partnerships with four pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies that sponsor two-year fellowship programs for recent PharmD graduates. The trainee spends a year with us at UW earning an MS degree, and then one year gaining on the ground experience with their sponsor company.
Postdoctoral fellowship students work closely with faculty in the CHOICE Institute on projects where they learn first-hand how to apply the principles of outcomes research to real-life problems. These fellowships provide students with a year of study at the University of Washington, combined with a period of applied research at the sponsoring company. The year of study leads to an MS degree in Health Economics & Outcomes Research.
2021-23 Incoming Cohort
AbbVie (UW Mentors: Josh Carlson and Ryan Hansen):
- Gina Ahmadyar, PharmD
- PharmD, University of California San Francisco
- BS, University of California Santa Barbara
- Annaliza Dominguez, PharmD, MS
- PharmD, MS, University of Southern California
- BS, University of California San Diego
Genentech (UW Mentors: Zachary Marcum and Dave Veenstra):
- Tommy Majda, PharmD
- PharmD, BS, Creighton University
- Justin Nedzesky, PharmD
- PharmD, BS, Duquesne University
GlaxoSmithKline (UW Mentor: Douglas Barthold)
- Joseph Yang, PharmD
- PharmD, University of Maryland, Baltimore
- BS, University at Buffalo, SUNY
Bayer (UW Mentor: Ryan Hansen):
- Qixin Li, PharmD
- PharmD, BA, University of Hawaii Hilo
Pictured in photo: Jae Lee, Samuel Hong, David Fox, and Brennan Beal- 2019-2021 MS Fellow Alumni.