A very special congratulations to Jennifer Chang, Seohyun “Claudia” Choi, Jennie Do, Karan Dawson and Leigh Ann Mike, who will receive UW’s Distinguished Teaching Award for Teams at the 53rd annual Awards of Excellence Ceremony next month. Each year, the awards honor outstanding alumni, faculty, staff, students and retirees who contribute to the richness and diversity of our University community. The ‘Distinguished Teaching Award for Teams’ is a new honor granted to outstanding instructional teams.
“The inspiration these faculty provide to our community is palpable, and this award is a testament to that,” said UWSOP Interim Dean and Professor, Peggy Odegard. “This team exemplifies instructional collaboration, reflective teaching practice, and an inclusive approach to learning that fosters an individual and transformative experience for each student. Their dedication to learning and student support is absolutely exemplary.”
The winners will be honored from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on June 8 at the Katharyn Alvord Gerlich Theater in Meany Hall. UW President Ana Mari Cauce and Provost Mark Richards will host a one-hour ceremony, followed by a reception with hors d’oeuvres, desserts and a chance to connect and celebrate with the UW community.
This event is free and open to the public. Please invite your colleagues, friends and family!
Complete list of award winners:
- Jennifer Chang (she/her), Clinical Associate Professor, School of Pharmacy
- Claudia (Seohyun) Choi (she/her), Assistant Teaching Professor, Clinical Practice, School of Pharmacy
- Karan Dawson (she/her), Clinical Associate Professor Emeritus, School of Pharmacy
- Jennie Do (she/her), Clinical Assistant Professor, School of Pharmacy
- Leigh Ann Mike (she/her), Clinical Associate Professor, School of Pharmacy