Accepting New Students: No
- BS Pharmacy University of Paris, France
- PhD Pharmaceutical Chemistry UC San Francisco
- Drug-Drug Interactions
- Development of new Antiepileptic Drugs
RENÉ H. LEVY, PhD is Professor Emeritus of Pharmaceutics at the University of Washington in Seattle.
He has served as department chair for 26 years. He has published more than 350 research articles and several books on the treatment of epilepsy.
In 1989, Dr. Levy was named “Ambassador for Epilepsy” by the International Bureau of Epilepsy. In the late 1990s, he co-founded the Eilat Conference on the Development of New Antiepileptic Drugs which is still running on a biennial basis.
In 2007, Dr Levy became “Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science”.
In 2011, Dr. Levy received a “Lifetime Achievement Award from the Epilepsy Foundation”. The foundation’s president and CEO said of Levy: “He is well deserving of this award honoring his career commitment in development of prescription drug therapy for people living with epilepsy.
In 2013, Dr Levy received the William G. Lennox-Cesare T. Lombroso Award, the highest award given by the American Epilepsy Society, in recognition of lifetime accomplishment and contributions related to epilepsy.
- Colins C, Levy R, Ragueneau-Majlessi I, Hachad H. Prediction of maximum exposure in poor metabolizers following inhibition of nonpolymorphic pathways. Curr Drug Metab. 2006 Apr;7(3):295-9
- Levy RH, Collins C. Risk and predictability of drug interactions in the elderly. Int Rev. Neurobiol. 2007;81:235-51.
- Zhang H, Ragueneau-Majlessi I, Levy RH. Interaction between clopidogrel and proton pump inhibitors: hypothesis to explain multifactorial CYP2C19 inhibition. Drug Metab Lett. 2009 Dec;3(4):287-9.
- Hachad H, Overby CL, Argon S, Yeung CK, Ragueneau-Majlessi I, Levy RH. e-PKGene: a knowledge-based research tool for analysing the impact of genetics on drug exposure. Hum Genomics. 2011 Jul 1;5(5):506-15.
- Bialer M, Johannessen SI, Koepp MJ, Levy RH, Perucca E, Tomson T, White HS Progress report on new antiepileptic drugs: A summary of the Fourteenth Eilat Conference on New Antiepileptic Drugs and Devices (EILAT XIV). I. Drugs in preclinical and early clinical development. Epilepsia. 2018 Oct;59(10):1811-1841. doi: 10.1111/epi.14557.
- Bialer M, Johannessen SI, Koepp MJ, Levy RH, Perucca E, Tomson T, White HS. Progress report on new antiepileptic drugs: A summary of the Fourteenth Eilat Conference on New Antiepileptic Drugs and Devices (EILAT XIV). II. Drugs in more advanced clinical development. Epilepsia. 2018 Oct;59(10):1842-1866. doi: 10.1111/epi.14555. Erratum in: Epilepsia. 2019 Jan;60(1):187.
- Levy RH, Ragueneau-Majlessi I. Past, Present, and Future of Drug-Drug Interactions. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2019 Feb 17. doi: 10.1002/cpt.1349.