Leigh Ann Mike
Clinical Associate Professor, Department of Pharmacy; Assistant Director for Education, Plein Center for Geriatric Pharmacy Research, Education and Outreach
Telephone: (206) 221-1082
Office Location: H 361-D Box 357630 1959 NE Pacific St Seattle, WA 98195-7630
- PharmD, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- Board Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP)
- Pharmacy Education
- Critical Care
- PHARM 549
- PHARM 550
- PHARM 557
- PHARM 560
- PHARM 561
- PHARM 562
- PHARM 563-565
- PHARM 570
- PHRMCY 541-547
- PHRMCY 550
- PHRMPR 511-515
- NURS 535
Dr. Leigh Ann Mike a Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy and is the Assistant Director for Education in the Plein Center for Geriatric Pharmacy Research, Education & Outreach. She completed her PharmD and PGY1 residency training at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
She is Board Certified as a Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS) and as a Geriatric Pharmacist (BCGP). Her current practice is as a Consultant Pharmacist at a Seattle-area assisted living community. Prior practice experiences include Drug Information Specialist at Grady Health System in Atlanta, Georgia and Critical Care Pharmacist at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, Washington.
Her general interest is in the care of older adults, with an emphasis on deprescribing and acute care. The scope of her work involves direct patient care, education, and curriculum design and implementation. In addition to her numerous articles, research abstracts, and book chapters, she is a contributor to the Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Review Syllabus for the American Geriatrics Society and has been interviewed by the lay press on various topics related to medication safety in the older adults.
- Mike LA, Marcum ZA, Gray SL. Assessing Health and Delivering Health Care to Older Adults. In: DiPiro JT, Talber RL, Yee GC, Matzke GR, Wells BG, Posey L. eds. Pharmacotherapy: a Pathophysiologic Approach, 11th ed. New York, NY:McGraw-Hill.
- Gray SL, Mike LA. Pharmacotherapy (contributing question author). In: Harper GM, Lyons WL, Potter JF, eds. Geriatrics Review Syllabus: A Core Curriculum in Geriatric Medicine, 10th ed. New York, NY: American Geriatrics Society; 2019. http://geriatricscareonline.org
- Mike LA, Toy JM, Chan L-N. Nutritional Supplements in Older Adults. In: Dong BJ, Elliott DE, eds. Ambulatory Care Self-Assessment Program, 2017 Book 3. Nutritional/Gastroenterologic Care. Lenexa, KS: American College of Clinical Pharmacy, 2017.