Associate Teaching Professor
Telephone: (206) 543-3480
Office Location: South Campus Center 1601 NE Columbia Rd, Suite 246A, Seattle, WA 98195-7631
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia.
- Doctor of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota.
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Practice Residency, UW Medicine
- Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS)
- Patient safety and quality improvement
- Pharmacy Education (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning)
- Experiential Education
- PHRMCY 513: Applied Patient Safety and Quality
- PHRMCY 541-542-543: Pharmacist Provider Readiness I, II, III
- PHRMPR 511-512-513: Pharmacist Provider Experience I, II, III
- PHRMPR 541: Introductory Pharmacy Practice Experience in Institutional Health-System
- PHARM 594: Pharmacy Practice VI Medication Safety and Quality
- PHARM 593: Pharmacy Practice V Institutional Practice
Dr. Jennifer Chang is an Associate Teaching Professor at the University of Washington (UW) School of Pharmacy. Her professional interests include patient safety and quality, institutional practice, and scholarship of teaching and learning in the areas of skill development and experiential education. She provided leadership and oversight in the design and implementation of the new Pharmacist Provider Series (PPS) in the PharmD curriculum. Dr. Chang collaborates closely with practice experts and faculty to design and coordinate student learning experiences on- and off-campus to ensure student readiness for practice.
Dr. Chang earned her Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences degree from the University of British Columbia in 1995 and her Post-Baccalaureate Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the University of Minnesota in 1997. She completed her PGY-1 residency training at the University of Washington in 1998 and is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist (BCPS). Dr. Chang has held a variety of positions in the health systems setting, including roles in clinical practice, pharmacy administration, medication safety, and pharmacist education.
Dr. Chang currently teaches in the PY1 PPS course series with the PY1 PPS faculty team and serves as a co-course master for the Applied Patient Safety and Quality course. She also leads the Basics in Precepting workshop in the Teaching Certificate in Pharmacy Education at the school. She enjoys precepting and mentoring students as well as PGY1 residents.
Dr. Chang and the PY1 PPS Team have been honored with the 2023 UW Distinguished Teaching Award for Teams and the 2021 UW School of Pharmacy First Professional Year Excellence in Teaching Award.