The UW School of Pharmacy Graduate Program Awards offer special recognition of our preeminent graduate students and faculty. Deadline to apply/nominate is May 15. For more information or to nominate, contact Andy Stergachis, Associate Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outstanding Dissertation Award
The UWSOP Outstanding Dissertation Award celebrates a graduate student who has conducted outstanding research at the doctoral (PhD) level. The recipient will be awarded an honorarium of $500 at our Commencement Ceremony.
Each of the three Department’s Graduate Program Directors will manage their own department’s nomination, taking into consideration the criteria (see below) and make a recommendation to the selection team for consideration.
The nominated dissertations should represent original work that makes a significant contribution to the discipline. Both methodological and substantive quality should be judged. To be eligible, each applicant must be a graduate student in good academic standing at the UW and be registered during the academic year in which the award is given. Nominations will be evaluated on the following:
- Innovation: The degree of innovation, creativity and insight shown by the author.
- Scope: The scope and importance of the work to the department and the field.
- Writing: The effectiveness of the writing.
- Dissertation Committee Chair letter of recommendation.
- Abstract of dissertation.
- Graduate student nominee’s CV.
Graduate Student Leadership Awards
The UWSOP Graduate Student Leadership Awards honors one graduate student in each of our three departments who has demonstrated outstanding leadership and service that has had a positive impact on the School of Pharmacy, UW, the Northwest community, scientific and/or professional community. Each recipient will receive an honorarium of $500 and be recognized at an appropriate event when allowed.
The award is open to all School of Pharmacy graduate students, i.e., those enrolled in our PhD or MS programs. Faculty, staff, and graduate students may submit nominations (including self-nominations). There will be a total of three awards annually, i.e., one for each department.
Demonstrated outstanding scientific and/or professional leadership and service as a graduate student at UW. To be eligible, each applicant must be a graduate student in good academic standing at the UW and be registered during the academic year in which the award is given.
- Two letters of reference:
a. One letter about the nominee’s general leadership abilities, ideally from someone who can evaluate their specific leadership qualities.
b. A second letter that describes the impact of the nominee’s leadership efforts.
- A letter from the nominee that describes a specific contribution s/he has made to the School of Pharmacy, UW, the Northwest community, the scientific or professional community and showcases how this effort produced a positive impact.
- Graduate student nominee’s CV.
Outstanding Faculty Mentor Award
The Outstanding Mentor Award recognizes and encourages outstanding mentorship of graduate students by UWSOP faculty members. The faculty award recipient will be celebrated with a plaque at our Commencement Ceremony.
- UWSOP faculty, graduate and post doc students may submit nominations (including self-nominations by faculty).
- The award is open to all UWSOP faculty members who mentor graduate students.
- Extraordinary commitment and effectiveness as a mentor of graduate students, including serving as advisor, dissertation and/or thesis committee chair, dissertation and/or thesis committee member.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating an environment supportive of graduate students’ success.
- Two letters of support: Preferably one from a current UWSOP Graduate faculty member and one from a current or recently graduated graduate student.
- Faculty nominee’s CV.
Deadline: May 15