About the Ceremony
Graduates and their family and friends are invited to participate in the School of Pharmacy Graduate Recognition Ceremony.
Friday, June 7, 2024
Doors 2:30 p.m.
Pre-Ceremony Slideshow: 3:00 p.m.
Ceremony: 3:30 p.m.
Reception: 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Location: Meany Hall
2024 Graduation Program
When will we hear more information?
Please check your @uw email for more information! If you think you may have missed an important communication, please email email@example.com.
Are tickets required to enter?
Yes. Meany Hall has limited seating, and they require tickets for entry at the doors. We allocate 8 tickets per student. They are welcome to request more if needed and may be granted extra tickets if they are available. We recommend arriving at Meany Hall early to ensure group seating.
How will I receive my tickets?
The Student Affairs office will be mailing tickets to mailing addresses provided by the graduates in early May.
How long is the ceremony?
1.5 hours, with a one-hour reception immediately following.
What is the dress code for graduates?
Graduates are required to wear official graduation regalia for the School of Pharmacy Graduate Recognition Ceremony. Please wear your gown and cap to the rehearsal, but do not wear your hood; bring this with you, and then put it on when you receive instructions during rehearsal.
Where can I order the graduation regalia?
You may order graduation attire and make other graduation arrangements including parking in early May at https://www.washington.edu/graduation/registrationorder-form/.
Can I purchase parking in advance?
We recommend parking in the Central Plaza Garage. Campus parking for all graduation events will require a parking permit. Graduates can pre-purchase parking permits when they order their caps and gowns via the Registration/Order Form. More details can be found here https://www.washington.edu/graduation/parking-2/.
If I or my guests have mobility or access accommodations, who can I talk to about this?
Please indicate any mobility or access needs in the Graduation Survey sent in Spring Quarter. For further support, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I leave the ceremony after my name is called with my program?
Graduates should remain in their seats during the entire ceremony, unless utilizing the restrooms. Once your name has been called, you are to return to your seat to respect and honor the other SOP graduates and to cheer them on!
Where can I leave my belongings during the ceremony?
Graduates should limit the number of belongings brought to the ceremony as there is no coat check or space to keep items. Please take your personal belongings with you to your seats during the rehearsal. Don’t forget to take them with you when you leave the ceremony!
Does Meany Hall have any other policies?
- We ask that guests refrain from leaving their seats during the ceremony to take photographs. There will be professional photographs at the event, and it is a distraction.
- Balloons are not allowed in the seating area since they are difficult to retrieve from the Meany ceiling.
- Tripods and monopods are not allowed due to fire code restrictions.
- Airhorns or other noise-making devices are not permitted.
- Strollers and car seats are not allowed in the seating area; however, there will be a place to store these items during the ceremony, near the entrance to Meany Hall.
- We strongly recommend and encourage COVID-19 vaccinations before attending.
- We strongly recommend and encourage the use of face coverings.
- Masks will be available upon request.
- We recommend and encourage use of the WA Notify smartphone app.
- We ask that anyone who exhibits symptoms please stay home unless they have tested negative for COVID-19 within the past 48 hours.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at several stations throughout.
The 2024 University of Washington Commencement Ceremony will take place on the afternoon of Saturday, June 9, at Husky Stadium. For more information, please visit the Commencement website.
How to Contact Us
For more information, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 206-543-6100 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
Thank you to all our graduates and their guests from near and far for celebrating with us!