School of Pharmacy Videos
See and Hear More...
- "Big Data Gets Personal," MIT Technology Review EmTech 2013 Conference presentation, October 2013
Featuring Corporate Advisory Board member Mitchell Higashi (Scroll down list of videos on right side of page to view Higashi's presentation)
- "Better-Informed Patients, Better-Informed Pharmacists," 2013 School of Pharmacy Don B. Katterman Memorial Lecture, May 2013
Featuring Stergachis Endowed Director and Professor of the Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program
- "Script Your Future," a public service announcement, February 2013
As part of the Script Your Future Campaign Medication Adherance Team Challenge, a group of our pharmacy students joined other UW health sciences students to create this PSA.
- 'Pharmacies Under Siege,' a Center for Public Safety Innovation Training, December 2012
Affiliate faculty member Beverly Schaefer, '70, and pharmacist Gary Bisceglia, '70, are interviewed in this hour-long program about pharmacy robberies and Seattle's innovative approach to responding to this issue.
- University of Colorado-Skaggs School of Pharmacy Convocation Video, September 2012
Stergachis Endowed PORPP Director and Professor Sean Sullivan gives a presentation on "Comparative Effectiveness Research and Pharmacoeconomics for Pharmacy." (Windows Media Player required)
- Pathways to Global Health, Seattle Center Exhibit Video, August 2012
At the Seattle Center's Global Health Experience Exhibit, a UW booth showed videos of UW students involved in global health. This video features PORPP student Norio Kasahara and his adviser, Andy Stergachis, talking about their medication safety project in Afghanistan.
- 'The Promise of Personalized Medicine,' Digidreams, June 2012
Erica Woodahl, PhD, '04, talks about why she chose to study pharmacogenomics. Woodahl is part of the Northwest-Alaska Pharmacogenomics Research Network.
- 'UW360,' UWTV, May 2012
Clinical Professor of Pharmacy Micki Kedzierski and her students are profiled for their work with chemically dependent populations. This episode of 'UW360' also aired on KOMO4.
- 'U.S. Health Care: The Good News,' PBS, February 2012
Alumna Jennifer Wilson-Norton, '93, is interviewed in this film, which also highlights research conducted between the Everett Clinic and faculty members Beth Devine and Sean Sullivan.
- UW Season's Greetings Video, December 2011
The University of Washington's holiday video celebrates 150 years of innovation and creativity. Peggy Odegard, chair of the Department of Pharmacy and Bridge endowed professor, makes an appearance.
- Nature of Scientific Truth Lecture Series (Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3), December 2011
Professor Emeritus of Pharmacy Phil Hansten posted his lecture on Stoic Philosophy on YouTube. This lecture is part of his popular School of Pharmacy class, Pharmacy 522, "The Nature of Scientific Truth."
- UW Center for Commercialization Lecture Series, November 2011
Professor of Pharmaceutics Rodney Ho presents his lecture entitled, "High on UW Start-ups: Fueling Innovations in a New Climate of Entrepreneurship."
- Era Living Video (Click on "UW Partnership" link), October 2011
Faculty members Skye McKennon and Peggy Odegard talk about the School of Pharmacy's pharmaceutical care partnership with Era Living Assisted Living Facility.
- 'The Conversation,' KUOW, July 27, 2011
Professor of Pharmacy John Horn talks about several expiring drug patents and what they will mean to the millions of Americans taking these medications.
- 'Northwest Focus,' KWPX TV, November 4, 2010
Bridge Endowed Professor Peggy Odegard offers diabetes expertise on a regional public affairs program.
- 'Health Affairs' Magazine's Comparative Effectiveness Conference, October 5, 2010
Professor Lou Garrison is a featured presenter at the "New Era of Comparative Effectiveness Research" conference, sponsored by Health Affairs magazine in Washington, D.C.
- KUOW News, May 6, 2010
Clinical Professor Don Downing is interviewed for a National Public Radio story about the controversial generics-first policy for anti-psychotics in Washington state. (Follow the links under "Listen to KUOW News" to listen to the show in your chosen format.)
- 'The Conversation,' KUOW, December 7, 2009
Don Downing is a featured guest on the KUOW call-in show, answering questions about the role of pharmacists in health care. (Follow the links under "Listen to The Conversation" to listen to the show in your chosen format.)
- KING 5 News, September 26, 2009
Clinical Associate Professor Annie Lam’s research on talking pill bottles is featured on this Seattle evening news program.
- 'All Things Considered,' NPR, June 1, 2005
Professor Allan Rettie is interviewed for a story about his study on pharmacogenetics and warfarin.
- 'Weekday,' KUOW, August 26, 2004
Associate Professor Mary Hebert talks about her research on the effects of medications on pregnant women.
- 'Morning Edition,' NPR, March 17, 2004
Professor Jackie Gardner is interviewed for a story about a new initiative in Seattle enabling pharmacists to prescribe birth control.