Applications to PharmD Program
The University of Washington School of Pharmacy, along with many other schools throughout the country, participates in a centralized application service called PharmCAS (Pharmacy College Application Service) which allows applicants to use a single application to apply to multiple Doctor of Pharmacy degree programs. PharmCAS will collect and process applications to pharmacy colleges and schools that participate in this service. PharmCAS begins accepting applications in mid-June. Please be aware that PharmCAS must receive all application materials by the deadline. Any required documents received after this date will be considered late, and no further evaluation of the application will occur.
Applicants to the UW School of Pharmacy PharmD Program must complete BOTH an on-line PharmCAS Application and submit a Supplemental Application to the UW School of Pharmacy, Office of Academic and Student Programs.
Early Decision Deadline: September 3, 2013, 11:59PM, Eastern Standard Time
Deadline: January 6, 2014, 11:59PM, Eastern Standard Time
- Login to PharmCAS and complete their application form
- Send appropriate fee to arrive at PharmCAS
- Official, sealed transcripts from ALL colleges, universities, community colleges or technical colleges attended or from which credit was awarded (including Running Start, College in the High School, etc.) Transcripts are required even if coursework does not apply toward pharmacy prerequisites. Failure to report all coursework may result in disqualification of an offer of interview or admission. Applicants who have attended or received credit from a college or univerity which evaluates coursework through narrative transcripts rather than assigning numerical or letter grades must send an official narrative transcript to both PharmCAS and the UW School of Pharmacy by the deadline dates. Narrative transcripts require additional processing and review.
- Two (2) required recommendation forms and optional letters of recommendation. The University of Washington School of Pharmacy requires, and will accept, only two recommendations, one from an ACADEMIC source and one from a PROFESSIONAL source. Recommendations are NOT ACCEPTED from family members, friends, fraternity or sorority advisors, personal health care providers, high school faculty/advisors, mentors or job shadow professionals. Recommendations are not accepted from career services or reference letter centers.
- ACADEMIC references must be: professors or teaching assistants who have directly interacted with the student in a classroom setting or official, university or college-affiliated academic advisors.
- PROFESSIONAL references must be: employers or volunteer organization personnel with whom the applicant has directly worked.
- Foreign transcript evaluations must be sent to PharmCAS. Although foreign coursework may not apply to prerequisites, it is considered as part of the Cumulative GPA. Therefore, applicants who have attended any foreign schools MUST have a transcript evaluation. The UW School of Pharmacy will only accept course-by-course evaluations by one of the following agencies:
- Request to have Official PCAT (Pharmacy College Admission Test) scores sent directly to PharmCAS. The last acceptable test date for Early Decision Applicants is July 2013. The last acceptalbe date for traditional applications is the November prior to the application deadline. The PCAT must be taken within the two years prior to admission (e.g., for the current application cycle that is January 2012 - November 2013). The January 2014 PCAT is not accepted for applicants who wish to enter the program in the Fall of 2014.
- F-1 Visa students are required to send TOEFL scores directly to PharmCAS.
School of Pharmacy Supplemental Application
Early Decision Postmarked Deadline: September 3, 2013 - Complete the UW School of Pharmacy PharmD Supplemental Application
Postmarked Deadline: January 6, 2014 - Complete the UW School of Pharmacy Suppplemental Application
- Review the UW School of Pharmacy Admission, Retention & Graduation Standards and UW School of Pharmacy Admissions Guide.
- Download and complete the UW School of Pharmacy Supplemental Application Form by the postmarked deadline OR hand-delivered to the School of Pharmacy Office of Academic & Student Programs by the close of business, 5PM, Pacific Standard Time (You may need to download free Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- A nonrefundable $45 application fee (make check or money order payable to the University of Washington). UW Student Fiscal Services converts all checks into electronic fund transfers. You will not receive your cancelled check because banking regulations require that the check be destroyed after conversion to electronic transfer.
- Send UW School of Pharmacy Suppplemental Application, $45 application fee and any other required application materials to: UW School of Pharmacy, Academic & Student Programs Office, 1959 NE Pacific Street, H362 Heatlh Sciences Building, Box 357631, Seattle, WA 98195-7631.
- Sealed, official foreign transcripts (not evaluations). Applicants that have attended any foreign schools must have courses evaluated through WES, ECE or Educational Perspectives. Although foreign coursework will not apply to prerequisites, it is considered as part of the Cumulative GPA. Evaluations must be sent directly to PharmCAS but original foreign transcripts must be sent with Supplemental Application.
- If U.S. Permanent Resident, Refugee-Asylee, F-1 or H-4 visa status – photocopy front and back of visa or green card is required.
- Official Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate Test Score Sheet (only required if AP/IB scores are being used toward prerequisite coursework). AP applicants should request test scores using Code Number 5981 which is specific to the University of Washington School of Pharmacy. CLEP credits are not accepted.
Confidentiality of Application Materials
The UW School of Pharmacy will not discuss your application materials or status with anyone else. Please do not ask others to contact our Office of Academic and Student Programs to inquire about the status of your application or to give an “additional recommendation” beyond what is included in your application. We consider only those recommendations that are included as part of the application package. This policy is established by the University of Washington School of Pharmacy for your protection.
PharmD Admissions Calendar
UW Pre-Pharmacy Club
The primary goal of the University of Washington Pre-Pharmacy Club is to assist undergraduates in their exploration of Pharmacy career. This club is operated independently from the School of Pharmacy. For more information please contact the UW Pre-Pharmacy Club at: email@example.com or visit their website