Bartell Drugs-UW School of Pharmacy PGY-I Community Pharmacy Practice Residency Program
About Bartell Drugs
- 56 Store Locations in the Puget Sound Area
- Founded in 1890: Family Owned and Operated
- Dedicated to Superior Customer Service and Honest Business Practices
- To advance the Resident Pharmacist’s education and training in drug therapy, disease state management, communication skills and to develop and implement innovative patient care programs in Bartell Drug Locations.
- This program has attained ASHP-APhA accreditation.
- Residency is a 12-month full time obligation.
- Residency will be tailored to match the background and career objectives of the resident, the goals of the Bartell Drug Pharmacy Department and the goals of the University Of Washington School Of Pharmacy.
- Residency will be based at the Bartell Drugs Corporate Office in Seattle, WA and require occasional travel to Bartell Drugs sites in the Puget Sound area.
- Resident will be provided a work area and computer in the Pharmacy Department at the Corporate Office.
- While on-site at Bartell Drugs locations the resident will have access to a private counseling room (where available) for patient MTM reviews, immunization administration, and other vital sign monitoring as applicable.
- Many Bartell Drugs locations are currently offering emergency contraception, immunizations, bone density scanning, lipid monitoring and travel clinic programs. Resident will help expand these services in additional Bartell Drugs locations.
- Resident Pharmacist will train Bartell Drugs pharmacists, interns, and 4th year externs about innovate patient care programs.
- Resident Pharmacist will work with the University Of Washington School Of Pharmacy.
- Resident Pharmacist will be given opportunity to gain experience and develop skills in marketing and obtaining reimbursement for innovative strategies.
- Resident Pharmacist will work a maximum of one day per week covering pharmacist shifts unrelated to the residency.
- Resident will assist in further development of the residency program for future Resident Pharmacists.
- For more information, click here.
The Resident Pharmacist will be an employee of the Bartell Drug Company and receive company benefits. Additionally, residents will be eligible for appointments in the UW SOP Dept of Pharmacy as Clinical Instructors.
Stipend: The Resident Pharmacist will receive a stipend of $50,000 for the 12-month program.
Benefits: The Resident Pharmacist will receive 2 weeks paid vacation (times to be agreed upon by the resident and the preceptor). Medical benefits will be provided through Bartell Drugs, and will start the first of the month after employment. The Resident Pharmacist will be reimbursed for travel and expenses (in compliance with the Bartell Drugs Travel Expense Policy) to attend professional meetings and presentations. Travel reservations and expense reports must be approved by the Bartell Drugs Director of Pharmacy.
Please address questions and/or comments to: email@example.com