What is Pharmaceutics?
Pharmaceutics is the study of relationships between drug formulation, delivery, disposition and clinical response.
At the University of Washington, it encompasses a molecular evaluation of drug metabolism and transport processes and the study of genetic, environmental and disease-related factors that regulate or perturb those processes, as well as the fundamental mathematical relationships between enzyme/transporter function, blood concentration-time profiles and the spectrum of pharmacological effects. Our instructional and research programs emphasize a Physiologically-Based Approach to understanding and predicting Drug Delivery and Disposition.
- Pharmacy Department
- Pharmaceutics Department
- Medicinal Chemistry Department
- Experiential Programs
- Metabolism & Transport Drug Interaction Database
- UW Pharmacy Cares
- Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program (PORPP)
- Geriatric Pharmacy Program
- Certificate, Fellowship & Residency Programs
- Institute for Innovative Pharmacy Practice
- PGY-1 Community Residencies