Geriatric Pharmacy Program
The Geriatric Pharmacy Program offers training in the form of:
- Elective coursework for pharmacy and other health sciences students
- Plein Certificate in Geriatric Pharmacy
- earned concurrently with PharmD degree.
- Continuing education for pharmacist practitioners through several venues.
- Seminars, presentations, and continuing education programs offered by School of Pharmacy faculty or by visiting speakers.
- The primary research goal for the program is to generate and transmit new knowledge to improve disease management and appropriate medication use in older adults.
- The program faculty possess a variety of research interests including medication management and safety, drug-induced problems, psychiatric medication use, polypharmacy, diabetes, frailty, underserved populations, and methodology for enhancing pharmacists' impact on improvement of care for older adults.
- Faculty in the program practice in a variety of care settings and offer extensive national and local service on projects related to geriatrics.
- Pharmacy Department
- Pharmaceutics Department
- Medicinal Chemistry Department
- Experiential Programs
- Metabolism & Transport Drug Interaction Database
- UW Pharmacy Cares
- Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program (PORPP)
- Geriatric Pharmacy Program
- Certificate, Fellowship & Residency Programs
- Institute for Innovative Pharmacy Practice
- PGY-1 Community Residencies